Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Best Supporting Actor 1997: Results

5. Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting- Williams is okay at best and at worst he seems completely false. He is mostly at worst instead of at best.

4. Anthony Hopkins in Amistad- Hopkins is very good as John Quincy Adams, playing the part as it should be played, with a very good final speech.
3. Greg Kinnear in As Good As It Gets- Greg Kinnear is very good in all his scenes and shows the changes of his character well, even in amidst of bad writing.
2. Burt Reynolds in Boogie Nights- Burt Reynolds is very good in Boogie Nights making Jack Horner into a rather interesting father figure.
1. Robert Forster in Jackie Brown- Forster plays his role modestly yet quite poignantly.
Deserving Performances:
Kevin Spacey in L.A. Confidential

7 comments:

joe burns said...

A really underwhelming year, it seems. Do you only give Hopkins, Kinnear, and Brown nominations because it's a weak year?

Louis Morgan said...

Yes.

Celso said...

What about the LA Confidential cast?
No love for James Cromwell?

Louis Morgan said...

Well I clearly liked Spacey from that cast, and Cromwell performance is one I need to focus more on when I watch the film again.

Michael Patison said...

I agree with Celso. As L.A. Confidential is one of my all-time favorite films, I have seen is numerous times and actually prefer Cromwell to Spacey though I feel both of them should have been nominated.

RatedRStar said...

I know 1945 isnt a particular good year so far, did you ever see Lost Highway Louis, because instead of Williams and Hopkins, Robert Blake might have been a good choice for a nomination although it was brief.

Louis Morgan said...

I have not seen Lost Highway yet.