Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Alternate Best Actor 1990: Wojciech Pszoniak in Korczak

Wojciech Pszoniak did not receive an Oscar nomination for portraying Henryk Goldszmit pen name Janusz Korczak in Korczak.

Korczak depicts the painful time leading up to the deportation of Jewish orphans in the Warsaw Ghetto.

Wojciech Pszoniak plays the writer, teacher and doctor who was best known as Janusz Korczak. The film isn’t about his whole life but rather coming in towards its tragic end as we follow him attempting to navigate the increasingly hostile nature of the occupiers while attempting to create some sense of normalcy for his chief priority, the orphans. Pszoniak’s performance is one that frequently is in contrast to the material at hand that is representative of Korczak’s approach towards the orphanage which is one steadfast support. Pszoniak within these scenes very distinctly presents a combination of intense devotion and endearing warmth as we see Korczak interact with the various orphans in the film. Pszoniak doesn’t put a lot on it, rather just bringing this quiet earnestness within every word he speaks towards them where there is such care about Korczak to each and everyone. Pszoniak granting the purest sense of the man who genuinely wants to help them, truly cares whether that is going about teaching, taking care of them, or attempting to be there as they face literal genocide. 

Pszoniak’s performance provides a combination of qualities though within the warmth which isn’t at all one note, though quite potent even within the idea of purity. As what Pszoniak is able to naturally embody and realize dynamically is the various roles that Korczak does need to take with them. There are the moments where he frankly is that of the storyteller, the man giving life to imagination for them and Pszoniak brings this spirited quality in every word of the man where you are granted the sense in his performance both his enthusiasm to encourage the children but also how much any joy they have seems to fill him with a similar joy. Pszoniak is as effective though when dealing with the older children where he finds a different quality of the teacher where the wisdom is never stern but just calmly more direct. Pszoniak crafting that sense of authority in these moments though an authority that is strictly benevolent in every moment and where he exudes that optimism even as he is guiding his children through some of the most traumatic situations. Pszoniak’s work provides a sense of comfort within the film even when the ever growing darkness surrounding our characters is creating a penetrating dread for the future. 

Korczak is not living within a fantasy as he tries to provide normalcy for the children and tries to comfort them best he can, rather we see that he very much is aware of the reality. Pszoniak’s work is remarkable in a moment relatively early on where he purposefully announces his Jewish heritage, quite frankly in a situation that in no way benefits or protects him. Pszoniak delivers these words in a combination of exasperation towards the callous actions of others but also a passionate conviction that there is absolutely nothing wrong with stating this fact. Pszoniak is able to present someone who firmly lives by his code of morality and even within horrible conditions will still stand up for what he believes in. Pszoniak’s performance delivers the weight of that conviction within his eyes and his manner as just a man straightforward in that directness. He shows that Korczak isn’t here to present some strategy to confuse the abusers, rather just a man who will be as good of a man as he can be even when it is clear he is living in a situation that is defined by moral decay. 

The power of Pszoniak’s performance is creating a convincing man who makes the choice essentially to sacrifice himself in order to offer just a few more moments of comfort for the orphans. We see as the situation becomes more dire and within Pszoniak’s reactions there is a real sense of dread even within Korczak where his awareness of the increasing threats and violence is readily apparent. Pszoniak presents the man coming into the situation with a potent empathy. Pszoniak makes this the overarching feeling in every instance of dealing even with the violence around him and even against him at times. Pszoniak’s manner is that of the man seeking to quietly maintain his dignity while doing his best to serve others. When we get the moment explaining that he will not try to escape so he can be with the orphans Pszoniak speaks these words not with conflict but this most assured determination who simply could not see going about his life any other way. An idea that is fundamental to the final sequence of the film where Korczak calmly leads the children as they are being taken to a train which will bring them to an extermination camp. Pszoniak throughout the sequence isn’t portraying the future but rather the moment of providing a final bit of paternalistic protection in his assured and determined manner. Although we know the truth, one can see the calming presence of Korczak as Pszoniak moves like a shepherd guiding his flock. Wojciech Pszoniak delivers a very good and moving performance where he provides an earnest portrait of a man choosing a pure path within a wretched world. 

67 comments:

Luke Higham said...

Louis: Ratings and thoughts on anyone else of note and thoughts on the cinematography.

Ytrewq Wertyq said...

I remember this being the very first requested performance here I watched around 5 years ago, guess it's because of this I gave him a slightly lower rating of 4. Fingers crossed that one day a performance by a Polish actor will get a 5 on this blog.

Louis: Your present roles for Pszoniak?

Tahmeed Chowdhury said...

Louis: What are some pet peeves you have when it comes to common tropes or interactions in cinema? I'm with you fully about disliking the whole "hassling minimum wage workers to prove a point" that seems common in many indie films.

Louis Morgan said...

I’m aware The Branches of The Tree has a non-festival release of 91 on imdb but it also lacks an India release date so I’m just going with 90.

Luke:

I thought the rest of the cast were all good but no one else stood out to me beyond creating the reality of the piece effectively.

The cinematography very much seems to be applying the same logic Spielberg did in Schindler’s List where it evokes photos and documentary footage from the period with a decided lack of cinematic beauty in a typical sense. While I think the later film would take the idea even further in terms of scope, this is effectively shot with a lower key approach. Finding a clarity within those contrasts that grants a visceral edge without seeming overly grungy just for the sake of it, providing that feeling of reality particularly in the final shots of the long walk that really is key. As it manages to present a blunt reality but with some semblance of beauty in the specific use of light.

Ytrewq:


If we’re saying polish versions of films:


Gustav Borg
Tom Lunies
László Tóth

Tahmeed:

Well that’s probably my #1.

Over abundance of Long pensive staring - I mean introspective moments can be great but too often it is the Indie version of filler.
“I can explain” without just saying the clarification.
Excessive quips after any earnest moments (Looking at you Marvel)
Plot made possible by stupid decisions only.

Lucas Saavedra said...

Louis: Did you watch the Larry David sketch miniseries about american history on HBO? And if you did what did you think of it?

Louis Morgan said...

Regarding Resident Evil:

I appreciate Creggar’s approach to adapt the experience of playing the game rather than the story of the game, for the most part. In taking essentially the backstory for what would probably be an audio log found by Leon Kennedy at some point, Creggar creates an effective film defined by really what works about the game in terms of finding various spooky locations where you’re waiting for something to come out and attack you, finding random weapons, dealing with locks (I did particularly enjoy a sequence where our main character is punished for not abiding by the game logic lock rules) to solving the occasional puzzle and of course interacting with the soon to die NPC. It wholly works as such, though the essentially streamer main character, who reacts like someone playing the game basically did eventually grate on me a little bit, it doesn’t help that I don’t find Austin Abrams to be always the most convincing or dynamic performer. Even with that reservation of sorts totally works as the downloadable side quest a ride through the Resident Evil world as seemingly intended.

Abrams - 3
Cherry - 3
Reis - 2.5
Hauser - 3
Wilson - 2.5

Louis Morgan said...

Lucas:

I have not, and don't really intend to as I heard it wasn't very good.

Luke Higham said...

Louis: Your thoughts on Creggar as a director.

8000S said...

Louis: Your thoughts on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y26EmSDHXh4

Tahmeed Chowdhury said...

Luke and everyone else who follows football: Your pick for the Ballon D'or this year?

Luke Higham said...

Tahmeed: Maybe Harry Kane. Even in a world cup year, it's rather wide open.

Tahmeed Chowdhury said...

Luke: Yeah Spain winning the WC did have that effect on the race. Even as a Barca/Messi fan, it should easily be Kane in my opinion.

A said...

Tahmeed: I'd probably go with Kane. I'm not totally sold on Yamal's chances (side note, I'm concerned Barca may run him into the ground).

Bryan L. said...

Louis: Your thoughts on "The Battle" from the Gladiator soundtrack?

Lucas Saavedra said...

Louis: What are your thoughts on the cast of Resident Evil (2026)?

Luke Higham said...

Louis: Can I have your thoughts on both Venice and Toronto results tomorrow as well as your updated Oscar predictions (including Animated and International Feature) with thoughts on each.

Luke Higham said...

Sight unseen but I think Pattinson in Primetime will be hard to beat for the win. Him vs. Cruise is reminding me a lot of Gyllenhaal vs. Keaton in 2014.

Matt Mustin said...

I'm thinking Pattinson might be locked in to, especially because of what a great year he's having. Cruise I think might be less of a thing than people are predicting.

RatedRStar said...

Luke: Of course its important that Pattinson doesn't end up like Gyllenhaal and gets snubbed, I hope Andrew Scott also gets his overdue first nomination.

RatedRStar said...

Cruise happens if Digger happens, we'll see on that front.

Tahmeed Chowdhury said...

I think Pattinson's banner year (which is something Gyllenhaal and frankly most performers don't have each year), coupled with the fact that Primetime will be his main push, should keep him from being snubbed for a nomination at least.

Harris Marlowe said...

Luke can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's talking about who will be Louis's winner, not the Oscars, given his reference to "Gyllenhaal vs Keaton". Either way, I'm surprised he apparently isn't even really considering Malkovich.

Luke Higham said...

Harris: Louis' win. Malkovich will be around there but Pattinson looks like potential top 10 of the decade work.

Luke Higham said...

I'd rather wait until NBR/NYFCC/LAFCA and the Globes to see whether there is enough momentum behind him for a win.

Luke Higham said...

Digger and Cruise have been dropped from most analysts predictions before the embargo ends. What a shame. It's now Pattinson vs. Malkovich.

Louis Morgan said...

Luke:

Probably should see Barbarian theoretically to say.

8000’s:

An interesting artifact as in a way both a radio play for the time but also a podcast before there were podcasts. In execution a strange hodgepodge of various bits that I’d say are more intriguing due to its unique nature than either being extremely entertaining or comedic, but intriguing nonetheless.

Bryan:


Well it goes through much of the motifs as we get a bit of the main theme in the build to the switch towards the intense “barbarians” theme then eventually very much the actiony theme that would in fact be I’d say expanded in Pirates of Caribbean yet certainly lends a tremendous impression here as well in its more primitive yet still striking form meeting the task at hand of the scene. An impressive build where you can sense the sense throughout the musical sequence right up until Zimmer very much evokes Mars in its most dramatic segment, to the point of being sued though I would say isn’t a rip off rather a successful evocation of that same time of intensity and overall musical sentiment. Speaking of the finale in itself somewhat feeling like Morricone at his most romantic being not entirely unlike the main theme of OUTIW, yet quite affectingly so here as a somber end to what remains after a battle.

Lucas:

Abrams - (I imagine how much one liked his approach in Weapons will probably transfer over, not that he gives the exact same performance, but it is similar in playing very much a not particularly intelligent guy's most immediate gut reactions to supernatural terror. In this instance playing up the fact that he’s like someone playing a game with similar reactions played for comedic effect at times though usually doesn’t go too far that it loses the general horror of moments though sometimes he did in my view. Occasionally I felt it did grate a bit towards the end and I never really found his own work hilarious though I did think it was easy enough to follow him. There’s certain moments of unease where I think he’s at his best in playing a more subtle anxiety before the moments of full on terror. Then he does have a general emotional through line where I think he’s a little clunky at the start in playing it but he’s better in his most direct moment of it just before the last act. In many ways I did find him a mixed bag here, and maybe I just don’t love his presence overall as a performer.)

The rest are all quick bits Cherry and Hauser doing comedy, which they’re good at though I wouldn’t blame one if they felt they were a touch broad, but they worked for me. Reis and Wilson are completely just functional parts.

Louis Morgan said...

Luke:


Well Venice winners are certainly jury winners other than Malkovich who didn’t need it, but it didn't hurt him obviously. Golden Lion literally has almost no overlap and I haven’t seen the film so I can’t speak to quality. The audience win of La Bola Negra supports it as the International contender to be at the very least. Can’t discount Being Heumann or I Play Rocky’s runner-up wins either even though they were not critical darlings that did well enough that I could see them showing up places.

Picture:

The Odyssey (Winner)
La Bola Negra
Wild Horse Nine
The Debut
Project Hail Mary
Dune Part III
Fjord
All of A Sudden
I Play Rocky
The Invite

The Odyssey speaks for itself. La Bola Negra as TIFF winner, and Netflix’s main push will receive many nominations then. I could see it taking the win though there are some factors that maybe will prevent that. Wild Horse Nine did well enough to continue being supported by the academy. The Debut got such praises and now the actress frontrunner, maybe supporting actor, and hard to question that. Project Hail Mary certainly can stick around. Dune still needs to deliver but as long as it does it should be able to make it. Palm is now more a precursor that matters with Neon pushing Fjord; it makes sense. All of A Sudden could be missed as Neon’s second try but I could also see it make it as a passion pick. I Play Rocky hits some old school checkmarks so I could see it having momentum. And The Invite, sure.

Director:

Christopher Nolan - The Odyssey (Winner)
The Javiers - La Bola Negra
Martin McDonagh - Wild Horse Nine
Jesse Eisenberg - The Debut
Cristian Mengu - Fjord

Nolan and the Javiers feel the most safe with just all the momentum for both. McDonagh makes enough sense given his prior success. Eisenberg right now because it sounds like The Debut is maybe even more of a vision than the trailer suggests. They liked his film last time so maybe they’ll love the increased ambition of this one. Mengu makes sense as the director’s branch passion pick though I could see a lot of different fives here beyond the top two.

Louis Morgan said...

Actress:

Julianne Moore - The Debut (Winner)
Inde Navarette - Obsession
Ruth Madeley - Being Heumann
Olivia Wilde - The Invite
Renate Reinsve - Fjord

Moore has the reviews and certainly the cred to be a two time winner. Navarrete is the breakout and focus of her massively successful film. Madeley based on the TIFF runner-up and an old school academy friendly type role. Wilde was the general success of the film and as a way to recognize her without her getting in director. Sounds like Fjord could be actorless and still be in picture based on reviews. But maybe Reinsve is pulled in with a bit of afterglow from last year. Could see a lot of other avenues however.

Actor:

John Malkovich - Wild Horse Nine (Winner)
Matt Damon - The Odyssey
Andrew Scott - Elsinore
Ryan Gosling - Project Hail Mary
Anthony Ippolito - I Play Rocky

Malkovich and Damon will be playing Texas Hold’em. We'll see if it is the opening Rounders or the ending, either way we can make references to those scenes constantly throughout the season. Either way I think at this point both feel like they’re in, Malkovich as close to a lock as they come nomination wise, and definitely could see his two time prior nominee vet self taking the win as long as he plays the season well. Damon’s role is less commonly a winner but hey we had Crowe, in some ways Jordan last year, but both of those years were very scattered years. If Malkovich gets momentum he could become unstoppable. Scott has the reviews, we’ll see how his film does overall but he seems a decent bet given the true story subject matter. Gosling I think could miss only because maybe Damon takes the blockbuster guy trying to get home slot, but could also become a non-winning mainstay of the year. Throwing in Ippolito based on that runner-up Tiff spot. It’s obviously transformative, though so is Pattinson right? Who has more industry cred and the banner year. But Primetime seems like probably him or bust at the moment, and certainly subject matter has similarities to Nightcrawler which we know how that went for Gyllenhaal. Also Turturro as a possible passion pick. And we’ll see about Pascal. There is definitely a lot of a race to run.

Louis Morgan said...

Best Supporting Actress:

Anne Hathaway - The Odyssey (Winner)
Samantha Morton - The Odyssey
Mariana Di Girolamo - Wild Horse Nine
Penelope Cruz - La Bola Negra
Tao Okamoto - All of a Sudden

Hathaway and Morton have the reviews and the film. Category seems open enough for both. Di Girolamo if the film is successful enough seems like a good bet even in apparently a fairly quiet role. Cruz with the Invite seems primed even if apparently a one scene wonder, maybe they go for the Invite instead…or you never know both. Okamoto seems like definite category fraud, but she certainly has the passion behind her with the Cannes actress win already. Definitely a lot of other potentials hanging around.

Best Supporting Actor:

Paul Giamatti - The Debut (Winner)
Sam Rockwell - Wild Horse Nine
Steve Buscemi - Wild Horse Nine
John Leguizamo - The Odyssey
Edward Norton - The Invite

Although Moore got the most praise Giamatti certainly got plenty as well and could be enough for him to also win with her. He’s certainly well enough liked to see it as a possibility. Rockwell if he’s frauded certainly had strong reviews as well, Buscemi had enough praise for McDonagh to potentially get his third two supporting actors in, though I could see momentum going elsewhere potentially. If the Odyssey is big, why not Leguizamo. Only concern there would be vote splitting but I think he’s enough of a consensus pick. And Norton who’s popular with the academy and certainly has the scenes so to speak.

Animated Film:
Wildwood (Winner)
Toy Story 5
Hoppers
Forgotten Island
Ray Gunn

If the bigger studios have critically supported films there is no reason to bet against them. Toy Story is locked. Hoppers could miss out but was liked enough. Forgotten Island seems to have the reviews we’ll see out it does box office wise. I’m sure Netflix will push Ray Gunn hard. Wildwood theoretically could disappoint but here’s hoping it does not.

International Feature:

La Bola Negra (Winner)
All of a Sudden
Minotaur
Fatherland
Possible Love

All 5 seemed to pull in plenty of love from their given festivals. I’m sure there will be wildcards, never bet on South Korea to make it, but these five make sense for the moment.

Ytrewq Wertyq said...

If these predictions will come true and Malkovich upon getting his Oscar will look at Damon and say "I'm a terrible actor" in that ridiculous Russian accent, then we'll achieve fulfillment as species.

Perfectionist said...

So I am really surprised... What happened all of a sudden regarding Cruise/Digger??? Why is he completely ruled out now from being the frontrunner just sometime ago???

Luke Higham said...

Perfectionist: Other than what I mentioned earlier, it was privately screened days ago and it seems to be extremely divisive and on top of that, it's not tracking well for a good box office run.

Louis Morgan said...

Perfectionist:

I think if it's divisive rather than hated, maybe even if it is hated, Cruise gets the Globe nomination. The film I think regardless of reception will still be in play for PD and Cinematography.

Ytrewq Wertyq said...

Perfectionist: I also get the vibe that its main selling point is getting Cruise the Oscar using a broad, transformative performance. This strategy can either work super well or not at all.

Emi Grant said...

Not to be a pessimist, but I think we're probably safer calling Fjord for International Feature over Possible Love.

My best guess is that Possible Love does just as well as Burning did, but meaning shortlist and maybe a nod at any of CC/Globes/Bafta but gets snubbed in the end.

Louis Morgan said...

Emi Grant:

Yeah somehow missed it on the official submissions list, and forgot about the new rule, so yeah I'd put Fjord over Possible Love for a spot.

Shaggy Rogers said...

I admit I was really saddened by the initial reception of Digger. But, I’m hoping this is all just a prank and that none of it affects Cruise during awards season.

P.S.: I watched Dead Man's Shoes the other day, and much like Hurt in The Elephant Man, I found Considine quite overrated. I’d prefer Cruise keep the overall win.

RatedRStar said...

We'll see about Digger, doesn't the embargo end today?

Shaggy Rogers said...

RatedRStar: Yep. I'm a bit tense about what's to come.

Perfectionist said...

Luke: yeah, damn surprising to me if it's not tracking well for a great box office run. Iñárritu spent the last decade being such a massively profitable blockbuster filmmaker, coupled with Cruise's enduring star power.... Took too wild a swing huh?

Matt Mustin said...

Perfectionist: When was Iñárritu a blockbuster filmmaker?

Tahmeed Chowdhury said...

I mean, Birdman did very well for its budget (also made five times its budget, similar factor of return as The Revenant), and Bardo was a Netflix release. So while Iñárritu isn't exactly on the level of Nolan's commercial success, his films with the exception of Biutiful have done relatively well at the box office.

Harris Marlowe said...

Matt: Check The Revenant's budget and worldwide gross.

Luke Higham said...

Louis: Your thoughts on Robert Eggers directing Romeo & Juliet as his next film after Werwulf.

Louis Morgan said...

Luke:

I would have rather seen his A Christmas Carol to be perfectly honest and I'm more than a little annoyed if it was pushed aside due to that West/Depp one.

Robert MacFarlane said...

I remember when Bennett Miller's follow-up to Foxcatcher was supposed to be A Christmas Carol adapted by Tom Stoppard. I think Nighy was his choice?

Matt Mustin said...

I'd be more interested in a Robert Eggers Macbeth to be honest.

Calvin Law said...

Nighy Scrooge under Miller would've been quite something.

Am intrigued by Eggers doing Romeo & Juliet, though I've always felt if he was to do a Shakespeare play that The Tempest would be the most obvious one.

Lucas Saavedra said...

Louis: Your ratings and thoughts on the cast of Mayday?

Harris Marlowe said...

Robert: No actor was ever publicly attached to the project, but Nighy was considered for the Carell role in Foxcatcher, so you may have been thinking of that.

Luke Higham said...

Louis: Your rating and thoughts on Kenneth Branagh in Mayday.

Luke Higham said...

Louis: Hopefully Eggers will get the opportunity with Focus because I didn't realize till now that the Depp film was Paramount so the merger has unfortunately put the kibosh on it.

Luke Higham said...

And on Romeo And Juliet, I just hope he'll find a way to make Romeo infinitely more interesting because a 1:1 adaptation would be a complete waste of his talent and Zeffirelli's the definitive version in that respect.

Anonymous said...

Luke, using Louis' predictions, who do you predict for the alternate lineups.

Luke Higham said...

Anonymous: This is a shot in the dark.

Lead Actor
Ralph Fiennes - 28 Years Later: The Bone Temple
Robert Pattinson - Primetime and The Drama
John Turturro - The Only Living Pickpocket In New York
Pedro Pascal - Behemoth!
Timothee Chalamet - Dune Part Three
Javier Bardem - Beloved
Aaron Taylor Johnson - Werwulf
Adam Driver - Paper Tiger
Tom Cruise - Digger (Regardless of quality, could still be worth doing a review on)
Sebastian Stan - Fjord or Brad Pitt - The Further Mis-Adventures Of Cliff Booth

Supporting Actor
Robert Pattinson - Dune Part Three and The Odyssey
Willem Dafoe - Werwulf
Tom Courtenay - Queen At Sea
Skyler Gisondo - Primetime
Alexander Skarsgard - Wicker

Robert MacFarlane said...

Harris: Shit, you’re right. Though Nighy has been mine and my father’s first choice for a version of Scrooge for a while.

Shaggy Rogers said...

Luke: Would you also include Antonio Banderas - Tony in supporting?

Luke Higham said...

Shaggy: Perhaps if he decides to extend to 6/7.

Shaggy Rogers said...

Hey guys
So, who do you think is getting a review today — Cage or Lone? Maybe Byrne, in case Louis pulls another plot twist on us.

Luke Higham said...

Shaggy: I'm guessing Lone because he usually leaves the re-watches to the end.

Luke Higham said...

Looking at it further, If he loves Possible Love then Sul Kyung-Gu could be a shout in Supporting.

Jonathan Williams said...

Louis: Thoughts on the Ray Gunn trailer.

8000S said...

Louis: Your thoughts on this scene from South Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAEUOqPdfs4

Louis Morgan said...

Lucas:

Branagh - 4(Branagh really is giving it his all though it does help that his Russian accent is supposed to be a bit more comedic. Regardless Branagh works well with that and very much goes about selling the comic tone of the character without going too over the top or losing the dramatic elements of it. And as much as the material he’s selling isn’t even greater Branagh has this conviction within his work to sell every bit of best he can. On the dramatic side, as little as there is, he does offer a sincerity in every little bit of it and finds some suitably subtle moments without in any way throwing out the more comedic overtones of the character. Branagh delivers as this off-beat Russian character and while he’s not in a film that works, Branagh does work and is finding any bit of it that does work in his performance.)

Reynolds - 2(I won’t even say he’s just doing Deadpool but he’s doing Deadpool in like commercial or online ads. Where it is just that general snark here which gets tiresome really fast and the moments where he’s trying to be dramatic he is so woefully bland it just feels like a disconnect from the rest of his performance.)

Bakalova - 3(Very lazy use of her in that the character is so blatantly for “the heart” that it all feels more than a little phony, despite Bakalova doing exactly what she needs to in hitting her vulnerable notes and creating a sense of history with Branagh.)

Jonathan:

Looks great visually though I was hoping the trailer would sell me a little more on the story than what we got here. As here it seems like general noir tropes just in a sci-fi setting without really offering something too unique within that…from the look here. Hopefully within the actually film the story will be a bit more interesting

8000’s:

Very amusing way to recap through nearly deadpan yet truly passively aggressive summation's mixed in with hatred.

Anonymous said...

Louis: Is Branagh Lead or Supporting in Mayday?

Louis Morgan said...

Lead

nikolombo said...

Η ερμηνεία του Wojciech Pszoniak ως Janusz Korczak φαίνεται από εκείνες τις περιπτώσεις όπου η δύναμη μιας ερμηνείας δεν εξαρτάται από βραβεία ή υποψηφιότητες. Σε μια ιστορία με τόσο βαρύ ιστορικό υπόβαθρο, μεγαλύτερη σημασία έχει η αυθεντικότητα και ο σεβασμός με τον οποίο αποδίδεται ο χαρακτήρας.
Μου αρέσει να ανακαλύπτω τέτοιες λιγότερο προβεβλημένες ταινίες και γενικότερα διαφορετικό περιεχόμενο στο διαδίκτυο. Πρόσφατα, για παράδειγμα, έπεσα πάνω και στο https://bass-bet.com.gr — τελείως διαφορετική θεματολογία, αλλά αυτό ακριβώς κάνει την online εξερεύνηση ενδιαφέρουσα.