5. Richard S. Catellano in Lovers and Other Strangers- Castellano is good even though his role is needlessly gimmicky at first, and rarely focused upon as a whole.
4. John Marley in Love Story- Marley has few scenes but he makes the most of everyone. It is a moving and warm performance that fulfills its purpose.
3. Chief Dan George in Little Big Man- Chief Dan George gives an appropriately wise, humorous, and dignified performance as the Chief who is all three of those things. He does not do much more than that though.
2. John Mills in Ryan's Daughter- John Mills creates a unique character that also has an emotional pull without seeming unnatural as he easily could have been.
1. Gene Hackman in I Never Sang For My Father- Good Prediction Dinasztie, and RatedRStar. Gene Hackman gives an incredible performance from beginning to end. He completely realizes the terrible struggle, and relationship his character has with his father. It is truly memorable and wonderful work from a great actor.
Karl Malden in Patton
Alec Guinness in Scrooge
Trevor Howard in Ryan's Daughter