5. Dean Stockwell in Married to The Mob- Stockwell plays his part as he should be but it never amounts to anything that special. I think I was actually more impressed by his single scene performance in Tucker as Howard Hughes.
4. Martin Landau in Tucker: The Man and His Dream- Although he has a rather limited part Landau makes the most out of his performance.
3. River Phoenix in Running on Empty- Phoenix gives an appropriately quiet and effective lead performance.
2. Alec Guinness in Little Dorrit- As usual with Guinness, Guinness naturally gives a layered and effective performance. Guinness easily shows the various facets of his character as well as makes his progression that seems unnatural natural.
1. Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda- Kline gives an extremely enjoyable and entertaining performance. Although broad comedy can easily be done wrong Kline never gets it wrong for a moment in his hilarious performance.
Michael Palin in A Fish Called Wanda
Alan Rickman in Die Hard