5. Jamie Foxx in Ray- I find Foxx's performance just to be a complete failure. He mostly relies on mannerisms that seem incredibly labored, and his performance just results in not a single convincing moment.
4. Johnny Depp in Finding Neverland- Depp is surprisingly subdued most of the time in this performance. I found he was nice enough I guess, but his performance never really amounted to much.
3. Clint Eastwood in Million Dollar Baby- Clint Eastwood is actually very good in a role that no one else could have played as well besides him. I just find that I never really got an emotional charge out of his performance, which I will admit is probably since the film never did this for me either.
2. Leonardo DiCaprio in The Aviator-Hughes was such a strange larger than
life figure that it would be challenge for anyone to take on this role. I
will say DiCaprio never seems to completely be Hughes but he certianly
comes close which is quite an achievement anyways.
1. Don Cheadle in Hotel Rwanda- Don Cheadle gives a very powerful
performance, and creates a human portrait. He adds to the power of the
film, making the story of genocide, somehow inspiring.