5. Russ Tamblyn in Peyton Place- Tamblyn although not awful gives a rather dull performance that at best is barely adequate.
4. Arthur Kennedy in Peyton Place- Kennedy goes way over the top, and well at least that does not make him as boring as much of the performers in this film it does not make his performance particularly good either.
3. Vittorio De Sica in A Farewell to Arms- De Sica has a limited part but does manage to be charming and emotionally convincing enough to be the most interesting part of his film.
2. Red Buttons in Sayonara- Red Buttons gives a passionate, and effectively convincing performance. Although his part is limited Buttons makes the most out of everything he does have rising above the rather weak film he is in.
1. Sessue Hayakawa in The Bridge on the River Kwai- Good Prediction RatedRStar. This year the choice is obvious to me with Hayakawa he is simply on a different level than the rest of the performances this year. He gives a remarkable performance creating a complex portrait of a man who puts codes before all else to the point of insanity. It is a great performance that compliments the great film it resides in.