1. Damon2. DiCaprio3. Fassbender4. Cranston5. Redmayne (Calvin, he's coming dead last)
1. DiCaprio2. Damon3. Fassbender4. Cranston5. RedmayneMy ranking:1. Fassbender - 4.5 (yes, really)2. Damon - 4.53. Redmayne - 2.5Louis I'm so sad Blanchett is not even in your Top 10 for Carol :( I mean I think she's just so brilliant, as much as I liked Mulligan in Suffragette or Daisy Ridley in Star Wars (and I did, a lot) I don't think they come close to Blanchett. My Female Top 10 would be:1. Cate Blanchett, Carol - 52. Rooney Mara, Carol - 53. Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn - 54. Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years - 55. Emily Blunt, Sicario - 4.56. Charlize Theron, Mad Max: Fury Road - 4.57. Carey Mulligan, Far From the Madding Crowd - 4.58. Brie Larson, Room - 4.59. Carey Mulligan, Suffragette - 4.510. Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl - 4
1. DiCaprio2. Damon3. Cranston4. Fassbender5. RedmayneAmazed Charlize is your new winner o/
1. DiCaprio2. Cranston3. Fassbender4. Damon5. Everyone else6. Redmayne
1. DiCaprio2. Damon3. Fassbender4. Cranston5. Redmayne
Luke: Lol but of course :)1. Damon2. DiCaprio3. Fassbender4. Cranston5. Redmayne
Calvin: Apart from the 9 performances that are most certain to be reviewed for the alternates, who do you think will get that remaining slot.TremblayDeppEdgertonRussellHanksDano & Cusack
1. Leonardo DiCaprio2. Matt Damon3. Michael Fassbender4. Bryan Cranston5. Eddie RedmayneI think DiCaprio's getting a solid 4.5 based on how much Louis liked the film, I can't see any reason he'd get a 5 though, I'd give him a solid 4. Damon was probably my favorite but Louis said that the film hasn't stayed with him as much as he thought, so I'm thinking strong 4 or soft 4.5. From what Louis said about the film Fassbender is probably getting a solid 4, which I'd buy. Cranston I think is a 3.5 but could be as low as a 3, due to the shortcomings of the script as well as his generally theatrical manner. Redmayne's probably a 2.
This lineup. THIS FUCKING LINEUP.
Robert: Are you gonna wait for Macbeth to come out on DVD/Blu-Ray.
1. DiCaprio2. Damon3. Fassbender4. Cranston5. RedmayneLouis: What are your ratings and thoughts on:James Cagney in The Public Enemy Lionel Barrymore in You Can't Take It With YouWalter Huston in Abraham Lincoln and Yankee Doodle DandyVincent Price in Leave Her to HeavenLaird Cregar in The Black Swan
Louis I think its time for your punishment =D.
Louis: Has Tom Hardy overtaken Ben Foster as your favourite actor under 40.
Louis: Michael B. Jordan wants Tom Hardy as his opponent for Creed 2.
Taking a chance here:1. Fassbender2. DiCaprio3. Damon4. Cranston5. Redmayne
1. Matt Damon2. Leonardo DiCaprio3. Michael Fassbender4. Bryan Cranston5. Eddie Redmayne
Anonymous:I'm quite sure I covered most of those, in Huston's case for Yankee Doodle Dandy I reviewed him since he was Oscar nominated.Price - (He has nothing to sink his teeth into in Leave Her to Heaven, he does well with what he has, but the film doesn't allow him to do anything)Cregar - 4(As usual a nice colorful work from Cregar that perfectly matches the grand style for Henry Morgan. He creates quite the fascinating figure in every scene he is in, and an entertaining one as well, frankly the film should have just been about him. I'd say he steals every scene, but that's not exactly difficult when his most frequent screen partner is Tyrone Power)Luke:Yes, though incidentally I watched the Program, but don't take that as the reason why.Not sure if that would be the best project for Hardy. Seems like going back to Warrior and I prefer Hardy doing something new every time.
Louis: Your thoughts on The Program and ratings and thoughts on the cast.Foster was really good, though I wanted the film to be longer.
Louis: My winning request surprisingly actually came close to being Oscar nominated with a SAG and a Globe nom, um I reckon you ll think of it as a garbage film from a garbage actor but we will see.Hayden Christensen - Life As A House
Louis: And better directed.
Are you planning to review Foster for the alternate nominations? By the way I like him a lot but I think he deserves to be in better movies in general.
Luke: Have you been keeping track of Louis's female top 10s whenever you ask him for them? If so, could I get them from you? What would be the best way to do that so we don't clog up the comments section?
Robert: What you mean by "no"
Michael: I keep a record of Louis' 5s and 4.5s on Google Docs, though if you want me to find his top 5/10s, I'll certainly do that for you. :)
RatedRStar:And yes I did see the spreadsheet. Luke:The Program was actually a weird example. Quite often a biopic can be problematic because its too much of a lionization, this was the exact opposite. The film hated Armstrong too much, but I do feel that.....nope I'm saving Foster. O'Dowd - 3.5(He was quite good in portraying just a honest sheer disbelief and disgust as he deals with all things Armstrong. I actually wish there had been more scenes between he and Foster, or the ones that were there had gone on longer. There was something to be had in the intensity of the moments, but the film decided against it. What's worse is the film just kind of drops him despite it seeming like he was a central character originally)Canet - 1(He was just awful. There was definitely something that could have been had as a sleazy opportunists, but Canet instead decided to act as though Ferrari was some sort of mad scientist.)Plemons - 3(Plemons seems always good and as usual in his 2015 roles he's not given a lot to do, but he does well with what he has. Though it's fairly thin he manages to give some genuine emotion to his character's arc despite how rushed it is)
Michael: If you just want the link, I'll post it for you.
Louis: What you reckon? also I will change my winning request lol ill let you know later.
I will say keep Christensen in mind though he could be 5 out of 5 quality as Robert agreed =D.
Louis: If there are any Lead performances, that are no longer saved, then can I have your ratings and thoughts on them, because I'm confident you'll end up saving Fassbender as well for Macbeth.
Louis: How close do you think Wallach ever was to get an Oscar nomination?
Christ, I don't know about this. I have a feeling you're not too crazy about any of them, except maybe DiCaprio, but even then, I'm not sure. I'll say: 1.DiCaprio 2.Damon 3.Fassbender4.Cranston 5.Redmaybe*Very* safe prediction, there. Not gonna take any risks on this one.
Louis is more than likely more positive on this lineup than I am. Then again, most people are.
Robert: I hardly think he's gonna like Redmayne an awful lot more than you.
1. Leonardo DiCaprio2. Matt Damon3. Michael Fassbender4. Bryan Cranston5. Eddie Redmayne
RatedRStar: May I have those rankings, that I asked for earlier. :)
RatedRStar:I'm fine with that choice. Luke:I'll decide when I construct the lineup. Anonymous:He probably was somewhere near the nomination for Baby Doll, he very could have been sixth.
Louis do you think Kirsten Dunst would deserve an Emmy for Fargo? Because I've just finished the season and oh my god she was phenomenal. Out of the supporting males, who was your favorite? Also, what did you think Rachel Keller?
Robert: I'm not too happy with the lineup either. I've only seen Damon, DiCaprio, and Fassbender, but none of them were particular noteworthy in my book.
Watching Spotlight and I have to say Ruffalo is making an impression, not in a great way, but I don't find him as bad as most of you seem to have.On the other hand, D'Arcy James, McAdams and Schrieber are really standing out for me thus far.
Calvin: I hope you like Tucci. :)
Anonymous:She'd be very deserving. Out of the supporting actors, counting the whole season, I think I'd go with Bokeem Woodbine, if I had to choose. Though I do want to give a special mention to Angus Sampson who I don't think has gotten enough mention in regards to the season. I really liked Keller performance as well, that's pretty much what I would say almost about every performer in the scene. She managed to capture a certain air headed quality with her work, but underlined it well with a much more incisive quality suggesting her motivations run deeper then just a teenager acting out.
Louis: When do you plan on watching Macbeth and finishing off Wolf Hall.
Louis: I assure you, it's the last time I'm gonna ask that question. :)
Luke:Soon for both.
Louis: What are your top 10 worst Best Actor winners?
Anonymous: George Arliss in Disraeli (1930)Denzel Washington in Training Day (2001)Sean Penn in Mystic River (2003)Sean Penn in Milk (2008)Wallace Beery in The Champ (1932)Yul Brynner in The King and I (1956)Gary Cooper in Sergeant York (1941)Spencer Tracy in Captains Courageous (1937)Roberto Benigni in Life is Beautiful (1998)Jamie Foxx in Ray (2004)
5-Redmayne4-Damon3-Cranston2-FassbenderCome on Louis (Morgan)? It has no mystery. DiCaprio and end story. He even won the Overall Rank the year. Go in, speak the truth ...
1-DiCaprio2-Cranston3-Fassbender4-Damon5-Redmayne (where is Johnny Depp or Michael Caine?)
1) DiCaprio2) Damon3) Fassbender 4) Cranston 5) Redmayne
My rankings:1. Damon 2. Fassbender 3. DiCaprio 4. Cranston5. Redmayne
Post a Comment