1. Hurt2. Robinson3. Albertson4. Rey5. Dern
1. John Hurt2. Andy Robinson3. Jack Albertson4. Fernando Rey5. Bruce DernDamn. I just realized that's the exact same thing as Psifonian. Oh well.
I think he is right I think John Hurt will win, in fact, I think Richard Attenbrough may also win in the best actor category. Robinson was better than Rey simply because he was given more to do.1)John Hurt2)Andy Robinson3)Jack Albertson4)Fernando Rey5)Bruce Dern
I really hope Bruce Dern doesn't get nominated this year, Nebraska looks as dull and Oscar baity as you can get.
and Bruce Dern is not good enough of an actor anyway, id rather see my nemesis get the damn nomination if he has 2 cause at least his film doesn't look boring as liquid shit.
I will go against the wind and go for Robinson since he was 5 star.1)Robinson2)Hurt3)Albertson4)Rey5)Dern
1. Hurt2. Robinson3. Rey4. Albertson5. Dern
1) John Hurt2) Andy Robinson3) Fernando Rey4) Jack Albertson5) Bruce Dern
1. Hurt2. Albertson3. Robinson4. Dern5. Rey.
I don't understand how you can already write off Nebraska, RatedRStar. It may look dull and whatever (personally I think it looks quite promising), but to say it's bad sight unseen is pointless.
I never said the film was bad, I did say that Dern wasn't good enough of an actor (he has that fucking overdue card all of him for no reason just like Plummer did), or deserving enough of an Oscar.
I'm I right about Bruce Dern, yes.. thank you.
It would be my worst nightmare if both Bruce Dern and Joaquin Phoenix were nominated this year.
1. Robinson2. Albertson3. Hurt4. Dern5. Rey
Hey!1. Andy Robinson2. John Hurt3. Jack Albertson4. Fernando Rey5. Bruce Dern
@RatedRStar: Not sure why you hate Dern so much. I've always found him to be a reliable character actor. As for Nebraska, I'm not excited for much else other than him in it.
I don't hate Dern as a person or anything I just hate this little overdue tag that he has, he was pretty poor in Coming Home as well, he reminds me of Christopher Plummer when we won the Oscar undeservedly.Leonardo DiCaprio is overdue and should have the overdue tag put on him but naah he doesn't.
Leonardo DiCaprio will turn out to be the next Richard Burton/Peter O Toole, he ll get like 7 nominations and then he ll never win and he ll die then he ll get a shitty honorary.
ill save my biggest rant for when Louis gets to supporting 46, he may know what it is lol.
RatedRStar-Dern is a fine character actor who's given several noteworthy performances. While "Coming Home" isn't exactly a jawdropper of a performance, it's still solid work from him. Dern might have the veteran card, but unlike Plummer, he's also got unanimous raves at festivals that don't give a damn about whether someone's won an Oscar or not. Cannes gave him Best Actor, after all. So I don't see why you have to go and slag the guy as being undeserving when you haven't seen the performance yet, as that is what you're supposed to go by.Also, I should point out that Dern isn't even the frontrunner this year right now. Ejiofor is.
I am the angry sociopathic ranter of the blog remember lol ill be even angrier if Fassbender is snubbed, as for Dern, I obviously only have a first impression, but bah is it a meh one, thankfully im sure he wont win, if Robert Redford gets in then Dern is finished, they wont give it to Dern over Redford who is more overdue for an acting award.
@RatedRStar: Is it the fact that Harold Russell beat Claude Rains for the Oscar lol is that what makes you bitter and angry?
I guess most blogs have to have some angry rantster lol, your not this hateful in real life are ya?
RatedRStar: You're not getting it. It shouldn't matter who is "overdue". You're supposed to judge it as a singular performance.
1. John Hurt2. Andy Robinson3. Fernando Rey4. Jack Albertson5. Bruce DernIf I may put in my 2 cents, I don't think any of the actors mentioned are "overdue" for an Oscar, including Dern, Redford and DiCaprio. I've seen them all give good performances, even great ones (not quite so much from Dern as the the other two) but I can't think of a performance any of them have given that was the best of its year. As for Nebraska, I think it looks interesting. Bruce Dern looks like he could potentially give a great performance, and I'm excited to see Will Forte and Bob Odenkirk because I love SNL and Breaking Bad :)
Post a comment