5. Denholm Elliot in A Room With a View- Elliot is fine in his few scenes but he never makes much of an impact with his performance.
4. Dennis Hopper in Hoosiers- Hopper gives a moving and effective performance that might not be on the level of his work listed below, but it is still a good performance.
3. Michael Caine in Hannah and Her Sisters- It it almost
a scatter shot of emotions which Caine is able draw upon to realize his
character while even finding some humor in the role as well.
2. Willem Dafoe in Platoon- Dafoe realizes his good sergeant character by
never overplaying the part and turning his character into a believable
descent man that is more than just a moral.
1. Tom Berenger in Platoon- I give the slight edge between the two Platoon
men because he has the even greater challenge to avoid becoming just
simple villain. He realizes the intensity and interestingly enough when
he can the humanity of his character.