5. Joe Mantell in Marty- There is nothing wrong with Mantell's performance, but there just is not much to it either.
4. Arthur O'Connell in Picnic- O'Connell most certainly has a certain charm to his performance, and does not fall into the melodramatic overacting of some of his co-stars, but on a whole he still does not do anything substantial.
3. Arthur Kennedy in Trial- Kennedy spends a little too much effort to be noticed in this film but having said that he still does give an effective performance.
2. Sal Mineo in Rebel Without a Cause- Mineo gives a very strong quiet performance, that conveys the troubles of his character.
1. Jack Lemmon in Mr. Roberts- Good Predictions Eddie, and Moviefilm. Lemmon is my choice of the year with his very entertaining and enjoyable performance. It is very easy to do comedy like this poorly, but Lemmon hits all the right notes, as well manages to bring the more dramatic aspects of his performance to life as well as the comedic ones.