5. Dan Aykroyd in Driving Miss Daisy- Aykroyd is not given much to do, but
he adds a nice charm, as well as a descent amount of humor to the part.
4. Marlon Brando in A Dry White Season- Marlon Brando is in basically two
scenes, and he is good in them both, although not amazing.
3. Denzel Washington in Glory- Although he overacts a bit at the beginning of the film, after that he gives a consistently effective performance particularly in his quiet scenes where he shows the true beliefs of the character.
2. Danny Aiello in Do The Right Thing- Aiello's performance is great throughout the film and manages to make a fascinating character. Aiello always stays true to the part, and life as he gives a interesting characterization of a man who believes in what he has built more than anything else.
1. Martin Landau in Crimes and Misdemeanors- Although Landau is clearly the lead in the film I do not disqualify therefore Landau is my choice. Landau gives a powerful and haunting performance as a man who confronts his morals, and looks into his own soul when faced with his crimes.
Hugh O'Connor in My Left Foot
Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade