5. Cornel Wilde in A Song To Remember- Wilde performance is just a dull boring performance lacking in any redeeming factors.
4. Bing Crosby in The Bells of St. Mary's- I will admit Bing certainly smiles a lot but does little past that. He sings, and smiles that is it.
3. Gene Kelly in Anchors Aweigh- Kelly does his usual thing here, some like it, I don't really.
2. Gregory Peck in The Keys of the Kingdom- Gregory Peck gives a nice charming performance as a Priest, who stays interesting and effective to watch throughout the film.
1. Ray Milland in The Lost Weekend- No doubt about this one Milland by far gives the best performance, in a harrowing, and very effective turn as an alcoholic writer. His performance is exceptionally effective, and shows incredibly realistic performance of a man who is just about over the edge.
Cornel Wilde in Leave Her to Heaven