5. Frank Sinatra in From Here To Eternity- Frank Sinatra is only ever obnoxious as Angelo Maggio. He is just annoying in most of the early scenes than in his final scenes he overacts massively.
4. Brandon De Wilde in Shane- Brandon De Wilde is a dull presence in the
film, and every single line and reactions only take away from the film.
He is suppose to be the heart in the film but fails miserably to ever
3. Eddie Albert in Roman Holiday- Albert technically does nothing wrong in
his role, and does not take away from the film, but he basically is
always just in the background taking pictures that is all.
2. Robert Strauss in Stalag 17- He is funny enough as the two man Pow comedy team, and he does not let his jokes actually interfere with more serious sections of the film, since he does not overplay his role.
1. Jack Palance in Shane- The role he plays it not much but Palance puts the right amount of menace in his role as the villainous gunman. He is never required to all that much but everything he does do is as well handled as possible.
Otto Preminger in Stalag 17
Ernest Borgnine in From Here to Eternity
John Gielgud in Julius Caesar
Jay Robinson in The Robe