Sunday, 16 May 2010
Best Actor 1974: Results
5. Albert Finney in Murder on the Orient Express- Finney is not anything overly great in the film, but I thought he did what he needed to.
4. Dustin Hoffman in Lenny- Hoffman never really seems like he is Lenny Bruce and he is a bit boring at the beginning, but later on he gives a very effective performance.
3. Al Pacino in the Godfather Part 2- Pacino is completely brilliant as Micheal Corleone and successfully continues the story of an incredibly memorable character
2. Jack Nicholson in Chinatown- Nicholson creates an incredibly memorable private detective, and makes the most of his natural charisma to deliver one of his finest performances.
1. Art Carney in Harry and Tonto- Art Carney creates a perfect portrait of an elderly man. Carney completely deserved to win and is unfairly maligned by people who probably have not seen his brilliant performance.
Art Carney in Harry and Tonto
Jack Nicholson in Chinatown
Al Pacino in The Godfather Part 2
Gene Hackman in The Conversation
Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein